Number TEN is a fully integrated design practice with offices in Winnipeg and Victoria. It is the strength of our staff that makes us a leader in the industry. We are continuously looking for talented people to join our team in all areas of the firm. If you are motivated, passionate and aspire to work for a leader in design and innovation, send us your resume today.
We thank you for your interest in joining Number TEN Architectural Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Junior Specification Writer
As a key member to a project team, the Junior Specification Writer will assist the Specification Writer whose role is to produce and coordinate the production of the project manual and maintain project requirements and timelines. Assisting in this role consists of communicating with the Project Architects on their specification requirements, gathering project information, and categorizing and preparing the information to be incorporated into a project manual.
Primary Duties & Responsibilities:
As part of the project team, and working under the general supervision of the Specification Writer and Project Architect, this individual will:
• Incorporate information into specifications specific to Division 02 to 14, while exercising the formatting techniques of Page Format,
Section Format and Master format;
• Incorporate mark-ups to the specification made from reviewer comments;
• Compile multi-dispensary specifications into a single project manual;
• Meet and communicate with technical representatives as a knowledge resource or learning new products or systems;
• Perform administrative duties such as revising, editing, and formatting specifications, templates and master specifications;
• Mandatory enrollment and participation in Construction Specification Canada (CSC).
Experience & Qualifications:
• Excellent communication skills;
• Ability to read and interpret drawings;
• Demonstrated experience with a variety of building types and delivery methods;
• Strong planning and organizational skills with the ability to pay attention to detail;
• Ability to handle stressful deadline requirements;
• Ability to work independently and in a collaborative team environment;
• Ability to multi-task a variety of work loads and deadlines;
• Motivated to learn new information from a constant evolving industry;
• Strong ability to research products and systems;
• Proficient in a variety of computer programs including Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook and Internet Explorer), Office 365;
• General proficiency with AutoCAD and/or Revit;
• Relevant diploma or degree from a recognized college or university is preferred (For example, Diploma in Architectural/Engineering
Technology (32 month) from Red River College; Bachelor of Environmental Design from the University of Manitoba).
Compensation: Commensurate with level of experience and capabilities.
If you feel you have the education, experience and qualities to join our team please email your cover letter and resume, complete with salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org, Attention: Jesse Watson, or mail to:
Number Ten Architectural Group
Attention: Jesse Watson, Specification Writer
310-115 Bannatyne Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0R3
We thank all applicants in advance, however, only those who are considered for an interview will be contacted.