Number TEN is a fully integrated design practice with offices in Winnipeg and Victoria. It is the strength of our staff that makes us a leader in the industry. We are continuously looking for talented people to join our team in all areas of the firm. If you are motivated, passionate and aspire to work for a leader in design and innovation, send us your resume today.
We thank you for your interest in joining Number TEN Architectural Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Project Accountant - 12 Month Term Position (Maternity Leave)
We have an opportunity for a multi-talented person to join our team as project accountant. The project accountant reports directly to the accounting manager and is responsible for ongoing and new projects for our Victoria and Winnipeg offices. This position includes responding to Client inquiries, coordination with sub-consultants and verifying employees’ chargeable time in accordance with our internal standards and billing policy.
• Effectively communicate with partners and project managers regarding contract documents, contract changes and any additional services related to billings;
• Maintain the integrity of project financial records;
• Prepare drafts, execute and distribute final approved invoices for all billable projects;
• Process project-related consultant payables;
• Research any unbilled issues and discuss with partner-in-charge to determine course of action;
• Maintain project file folders;
• Generate and distribute aged accounts receivable reports monthly;
• Assist with new project setup in Deltek Vision and local area network (LAN). Create project budgets where applicable;
• Prepare project analysis reports as requested;
• Provide year-end support to accounting manager and accounting department;
• Perform additional assignments as directed by the partner-in-charge and/or accounting manager;
• Communicate and coordinate between Number TEN offices.
Skills, Knowledge, Education and Experience:
• Accounting education (college diploma in accounting; intermediate level in CPA program; or a mix of education and experience);
• Intermediate computer literacy with accounting systems and MS Office;
• Three years of experience in billings and accounts receivable;
• Experience in the architectural/engineering industry would be an asset;
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations;
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities;
• Employ problem-solving skills and analysis.
We offer competitive compensation which includes a benefits package and health spending account. Our office building has a fitness facility and we are located in the Exchange District. Internally we offer a collegial, fun and professional work environment. This role provides for an excellent work life balance and challenging career development opportunities.
If you have the education, experience and qualities to join our team please send a cover letter and resume indicating salary expectations to: firstname.lastname@example.org by August 22, 2017.
We seek diversity in our workplace. Aboriginal persons, women, visible minorities and individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
All applications are kept in strictest confidence and only suitable candidates will be contacted.