Number TEN is a fully integrated design practice with offices in Winnipeg and Victoria. It is the strength of our staff that makes us a leader in the industry. We are continuously looking for talented people to join our team in all areas of the firm. If you are motivated, passionate and aspire to work for a leader in design and innovation, send us your resume today.
We thank you for your interest in joining Number TEN Architectural Group. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
We have an opportunity for a multi-talented person to join our team as a Project Accountant. The Project Accountant reports directly to the Accounting Manager and is responsible for on-going and new projects for our Victoria and Winnipeg offices. This position includes responding to Client inquiries, coordination with sub-consultants and verifying employees chargeable time in accordance with our internal standardsand billing policy.
• Effectively communicate with Partners and Project Managers, regarding contract documents, contract changes and any additional services related to billings;
• Maintain the integrity of project financial records within Deltek Vision;
• Preparation of draft and the execution and distribution of final approved invoices for all billable projects, including the submission of all applicable backup;
• Processing of project related consultant payables and ensuring the accuracy of general ledger coding;
• Research any unbilled issues and discuss with Partner in Charge to determine course of action;
• Maintaining project file folders, ensuring all appropriate documents are kept up to date and accurate;
• Generate and distribute aged accounts receivable report to Partner in Charge on a monthly on-going basis;
• Assist with new project setup in Deltek Vision and local area network (LAN). Create project budget where applicable;
• Keep updated records of consultant insurance documentation and follow up as required;
• Provide year end support to Accounting Manager and department;
• Perform additional assignments as directed by the Partner in Charge and/or Accounting Manager;
• Communicate and coordinate between Number Ten offices.
Skill Knowledge, Education and Experience:
• Accounting education courses (College Diploma in Accounting or intermediate level in CPA program);
• Intermediate to advanced computer literacy with accounting systems, MS office;
• More than 3 years of experience in billings and accounts receivable, project or job-based accounting;
• Experience in the architectural/engineering industry would be a definite asset;
• Ability to work well with others under deadline situations and respond to changes in priorities;
• Ability to work independently, take initiative and set priorities;
• Employ problem solving skills and analysis;
• Knowledge of a project structure in a client/consultant based environment.
We offer a competitive compensation package which includes a benefits package and health spending account. Our office building has a fitness facility and our office is located in the exchange district. Internally we offer a collegial, fun and professional work environment. This role provides for an excellent work life balance and challenging career development.
If you feel you have the education, experience and qualities to join our team please send a cover letter and your resume indicating salary expectations to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to:
Number Ten Architectural Group
310 - 115 Bannatyne Avenue
Winnipeg, MB R3B 0R3
All applications are kept in strictest confidence and only those suitable candidates will be contacted.